NOTE: In order to process your dog license and payment, you must acknowledge reading and understanding the the term on this page by submitting your acknowledgement here.
1. Thank you for visiting the Riverside County Department of Animal Services (RCDAS) Website (RCDAS Website or Website). This Website is operated by the County of Riverside (County) through RCDAS. The administrative headquarters of RCDAS is located at 6851 Van Buren Blvd., Riverside, CA 92509.
4. If you decide to use this Website to pay a fee, please note the following:
- You will be charged a service fee by the company that assists us in processing payments, the amount of which service fee will be disclosed to you in connection with making your payment. Payment methods are limited to Visa, MasterCard and debit cards with Visa or MasterCard logos. You do not have to make your payment using this Website. You may also make your payment in person at any Riverside County animal shelter. In person, payment methods are cash, check, credit card, debit card with MasterCard or Visa logo, money order or cashier’s check.
- Your payment date is the date on which you select and depress the "Submit Payment" button if we confirm the transaction and e-mail you a confirmation number.
- We offer the ability to make payments using this Website as a courtesy only. We assume no obligation to ensure that it is available for your use. There may be times when the service is unavailable due to, among other reasons, system maintenance or outages. Title 6 Section 6.08.020 (I) of the Riverside County Code specifies that a delinquency charge shall be assessed if the renewal fee is not paid within 30 days after the expiration date of the license. Therefore, if this Website is unavailable use an alternate payment method.
5. If you have questions about the amount due in your invoice and/or do not believe that your license should be renewed, contact RCDAS either in person by visiting one of the County's shelters or over the phone by calling (951) 358-7514 prior to the due date listed on your license renewal notice.
6. Unless otherwise noted, all contents of this Website, including, without limitation, all text, programs, products, processes, technology, information, content and other materials, together with all copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual property therein (collectively, Contents), and the compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) are owned by the County, or by third parties who have licensed such Contents to the County. Such Contents are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. RCDAS, on behalf of itself and such licensors, expressly reserve all rights, including, without limitation, intellectual property rights, in this Website and all Contents and compilation of Contents from time to time available on this Website. Access to this Website does not confer, and shall not be considered as conferring, upon any user of the Website any license or other rights to the Website, the Contents or the compilation of Contents.
7. The Website is provided to you on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the extent permissible under applicable law, RCDAS hereby disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, RCDAS does not make any representations or warranties that (a) the information or other materials available on this Website will be error-free, (b) defects in this Website will be corrected, (c) this Website or its servers are free of viruses or other harmful components, and/or (d) this Website will be secure, accessible continuously, and without interruption. Further, RCDAS does not make any representations or warranties regarding the use, accuracy, reliability, completeness or contents of the information or other materials available on this Website.
9. RCDAS has not reviewed all of the third party Websites linked to or framing this Website and are not responsible for the content of any pages on such third party Websites. RCDAS does not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you may have or might be requested to provide to any third party, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against RCDAS with respect to such third party Websites and their content. Linking to any other pages connected to other Websites is at your own risk.
10. Neither the County nor RCDAS accepts any liability for any conduct, acts or omissions occurring at this Website. Under no circumstances will the County or RCDAS be liable to you for any consequential, incidental or special damages, including any lost profits or loss of data, even if you claim to have notified County or RCDAS of such damages, or for any claims by third parties.
Last Updated 3/08/2011.
Refunds will be processed for duplicate payments received on web-site or if we receive a license out of licensing jurisdiction. If you would like to inquire if you are entitled to a refund of a license fee previously paid, please also contact RCDAS either in person by visiting one of the County's shelters or over the phone by calling (951) 358-7629.
Last Updated 3/08/2011.
The County of Riverside (County) Department of Animal Services (RCDAS) recognizes the public’s concern with regard to privacy on the Internet. This Privacy & Security Policy establishes how information gathered about you from your visit to the RCDAS’s Website (Website or RCDAS Website) will be used, depending on your activities at this Website.
Information Subject to Public Records Laws and Other Legal Requirements
As an initial matter, please be advised that RCDAS is subject to the public records laws of the State of California (California Public Records Act) and that much of the information you submit to RCDAS is public information under these laws. Consequently, under certain circumstances, RCDAS may be required to disclose such information in accordance with the California Public Records Act or other legal requirements.
Personally Identifiable Information Collected
RCDAS will not collect personally identifiable information (e.g., your name, address, e-mail address, credit/debit card number or other information which can be associated with you without additional information) about you when you visit the RCDAS Website, unless you use the Website for processing credit/debit card transactions or otherwise choose to provide that information to RCDAS. The information collected from your use of this Website or that you otherwise choose to provide to RCDAS will be used and retained as described in the remainder of this Privacy & Security Policy.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
RCDAS may collect and store information automatically when you visit the RCDAS Website for statistical purposes. For example, RCDAS may collect data on the number of visitors to the different areas of the Website to assist RCDAS in the maintenance and development of the Website. The information collected may include, but is not limited to, data related to the name and domain of the host from which you access the Internet, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, or your browser software and operating system.
This information does not identify you personally and we may retain this information for at least five (5) years.
Personally Identifiable Information Collected from E-mails, Surveys, etc.
By sending RCDAS an electronic request (“by e-mail”), using the Contact Us option or otherwise, you are sending us personally identifiable information (e.g., your name, address, and e-mail address, as well as any other personally identifiable information included in the electronic request). We store this information in order to respond to your request or otherwise address the subject matter of your request.
Also, from time to time, RCDAS may ask you for specific personally identifiable information in the form of a survey, feedback form, questionnaire or other means, all with the goal of providing better service. We will only retain the information that you provide in response to that survey, etc. E-mail and these other means generally are not secure and may be subject to the disclosure requirements of the California Public Records Act or other legal requirements.
Personally Identifiable Information Transmitted and Stored for Credit/Debit Card Transactions
You must provide certain contact information, such as name, address and e-mail address, and financial information, such as credit/debit card number and expiration date, in order to process a credit/debit card payment using this Website. Here is what you should know about the security of personally identifiable information you provide in order for us to process these transactions:
RCDAS is committed to data security and the data quality of personally identifiable information that is either available from or collected by the RCDAS Website and has taken reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse or alteration. RCDAS requires that “secure data networks” be operated, which are protected by industry standard firewalls and password protection systems. RCDAS additionally requires that only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by users of the RCDAS Website.
We require the use of Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) standard encryption to protect transmission of users' personally identifiable information submitted in connection with processing credit/debit card transactions. SSL is a security technology designed to enable your browser to send and receive information from another server in an encrypted format. Your browser’s security icon, usually located in the top or bottom status bar of your window, reflects the security condition of your browser. The lock icon indicates that your browser is communicating over a secured link.
We require that all the information you provide to us in this manner be stored securely.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
As described above, a user must provide certain contact and financial information in order for the user to process credit/debit card transactions using this Website. We require that the information be used for the limited purpose of processing these transactions and as otherwise permitted by the rules and regulations of the applicable credit card associations, debit card networks, credit/debit card issuers and/or credit/debit card processors. We do not permit this information to be used for marketing purposes and we require that it be retained for at least five (5) years in accordance with banking and accounting principles.
Sharing Personally Identifiable Information with Third Parties
We do not share personally identifiable information with third parties, except that we will provide the necessary personally identifiable information, including credit/debit card numbers, to the companies assisting us with processing credit/debit card transactions through our Website, including credit card associations, debit card networks, credit/debit card processors and banks. In some circumstances, we may also be required by law to disclose certain personally identifiable information in accordance with the disclosure requirements of the California Public Records Act or other legal requirements or we may disclose such information to law enforcement and/or fraud investigatory agencies.
Consequences of Failing to Provide Personally Identifiable Information
If you choose not to provide us with your name or other necessary personally identifiable information, you will not be able to process a credit/debit card transaction using this Website. If you have concerns about privacy and security on the Internet, you also have the option to receive RCDAS services in person at one of the County’s shelters.
The RCDAS Website may use “cookies.” A cookie is an identifier placed on your computer to ensure that RCDAS is not asking you the same questions every time you visit the RCDAS Website. If you want to browse this Website without any interruptions, you may need to set your browser to accept “cookies.”
Personal Code and License Number
The license renewal card contains your personal code (P######) and license number that is unique to you. You agree to maintain the confidentiality and security of such personal code and license number. If you provide the personal code and license number to another person (e.g., to access information or make a license renewal payment), you will be responsible for the other person’s actions at the RCDAS Website. RCDAS will never ask you for the personal code and license number in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail. When you are finished with those applications that require a personal code and license number you should exit the page.
Privacy Statements for Other Websites
This Privacy & Security Policy describes the information gathering practices and procedures of RCDAS. RCDAS may provide links from the RCDAS Website to external sites maintained by other Riverside County Departments, public agencies, or private organizations. RCDAS provides these links only as a convenience to our visitors. RCDAS makes no representations about the accuracy or content of any material available thereon. Links to the third party Websites are not intended to and do not imply affiliation with, sponsorship or endorsement of, these third parties. Once you link to another Website, you are subject to the privacy and security policy of that Website and assume sole responsibility for the use of that site.
NOTE: When you use this Website to process a credit/debit card payment, you will be transferred to a portion of the Website hosted by our contracted payment processing vendor ("Payment Processor"). Our Payment Processor will prompt you to enter all information necessary to make a credit/debit card payment and will thereafter take all steps necessary to process such payment on our behalf. The RCDAS Payment Processor has agreed to abide by this Privacy & Security Policy while collecting such information and processing such payments on our behalf.
Changes of Current Policy
Additions, deletions, or changes in the terms of this Privacy & Security Policy may be made from time to time. This document will be updated to reflect new changes.
Getting Access to Information - Changing Information
For information on reviewing and/or making changes to information about you that may be in our records (such as a change of address), please e-mail . To change an address you may also complete and mail the change of address form on your renewal notice.
Last Updated 03/08/2011