As we move toward our goal that no adoptable animal be euthanized, we seek the help of the entire community to help us realize this ambition. Toward this end, we are working with "Adoption Partners", freqently referred to as "Rescue Groups", to expand the opportunities for pet adoption. These organizations use their own resources to search for lifetime homes for animals. Their ability to limit the number of animals that they accept enables them to provide longer-term interim homes for animals while they seek permanent lifetime homes.
Some groups are breed specific, or offer only a certain type of animal. Many use their resources to provide medical and behavioral care for animals so that they can become better adoption candidates.
If you cannot find the companion you seek at one of our shelters, we encourage you to contact our rescue partners. When you help to support them, you enable them to support us in our efforts.
- All Breed Dog Rescue | www.allbreeddogrescue.org
- American Brittany Rescue | www.americanbrittanyrescue.org
- Angel Wings Cat Rescue Inc. | www.angelwingscatrescue.com
- Animal Samaritans | animalsamaritans.org/
- B.A.R.C. Benevolent Animal Rescue Committee | www.barconline.com
- Boston Brigade (Boston Terrier Rescue) | www.bostonbrigade.com
- Doggie Protective Services | www.DPS.Petfinder.org
- English Springer Rescue America Inc. | www.springerrescue.org
- Gena's Friends for Felines | www.genasfriendsforfelines.com
- Living Free Animal Sanctuary | www.living-free.org
- Noah's Bark Inc. | www.noahsbark.org
- Save-A-Pet | 760-329-8510
- Southland Collie Rescue Inc. | www.collie.org
- Tender Loving Critters | www.tlcanimalrescue.com